3M™ Cavilon™ Advanced Skin Protectant is effective in conditions where skin is frequently or continuously exposed to moisture and caustic irritants such as feces, digestive fluids, wound drainage and urine. 3M™ Cavilon™ Advanced Skin Protectant can also be used in areas exposed to friction and shear from bedding, clothing, shoes or any other material that would rub against the skin.
- Forms a highly durable, long lasting barrier
- Transparent coating allows for skin assessment without removal
- Comfortable during application, wear, and cleansing
- Helps prevent, stop and reverse the effects of IAD (Incontinence-Associated Dermatitis)
- Ability to attach /adhere to wet, weeping (denuded) and/or dry skin and its exceptional barrier properties, the product does a superior job of protecting skin from irritants
- Helps reduce pain associated with IAD and IAD care
Upon application to skin, the liquid dries rapidly to form a primary long-lasting waterproof, highly durable film barrier. It is elastomeric, adhering to the contours of the skin and providing a uniform film. The film adheres to dry, moist or wet skin surfaces and remains intact during conditions of continuous or repeated exposure to moisture or caustic irritants. It will wear off the skin and does not require removal.