Peristeen® empties the bowel by introducing water into the bowel using a rectal catheter. It is performed while sitting on the toilet. The water stimulates the muscles in the bowel and flushes out the stool, leaving the lower half of the bowel empty.
Key benefits of using Peristeen® on a regular basis
• Prevent faecal incontinence and constipation for up to 2 days • Enables you to decide when to empty your bowels • You can chose what time of day you want to irrigate, so it fits in with your lifestyle. • Improves quality of life
How is Peristeen® different from conservative treatment options?
As compared with conservative bowel management, Peristeen® significantly:
- Reduce symptoms of constipation
- Reduce symptoms of faecal incontinence
- Improve symptom-related quality of life
- Improve bowel function, influence on daily activities, general satisfaction and quality of life
- Reduce daily time spent on bowel management
Click Here to see how Peristeen® works